The activities implemented by IRGM are grouped into three Sub-Programmes which are derived from the two Programmes executed by MINRESI.
|PROGRAMS||SUB – PROGRAMS|
|1. Densification of research, development and innovation||1. Renforcement de l’information géologique, minière, environnementale et risques naturels
|2. Development of hydrological and energy research (04 projects)|
|2. Governance and institutional support||3. . Improving governance and strengthening operational capacities (16 activities)|
IRGM’s staff structure has changed considerably between 2010 and 2021
- The number of staff has grown significantly. It has increased from one hundred and forty-four (144) in 2010
- To two hundred and eighty-four (284) in 2021. This is a considerable increase in 10 years.
- This gives the Institute a strong capacity of execution and presence on the whole national territory.
The distribution of staff by grade in 2020 (259) is as follows
- 176 Researchers ;
- 19 Senior Technicians ;
- 05 Technicians
- 06 Assistants-Technicians;
- 69 Support staff ;
- 03 Staff under the Ministry of Finance (MINFI), namely
- 01 Specialised Financial Controller ;
- 01 Accounting Officer ;
- Office Agent deployed in support of the Accounting Agency at IRGM.
The number of researchers has increased remarkably over this period, from 57 in 2010 to 152 in 2020. That is an increase of 133.33% in 10 years.